Wednesday, March 02, 2005

PMC Interview...Is So Sux!!

I went for a PMC admissions interview today, and man, it totally sucked. I don't really want to go into details, but here's a brief excerpt from the dialouge between me and my interviewer :-

A Brief Excerpt Of My Interview Session:

Interviewer - So, which is your preferred university?

At this point I was confused as to which university PMC was doing twinning with.

Me - (after a briefest of pauses) Uhh, Trinity College Dublin, I guess.

The interviewer then gave me a blank look, the kind of look that says, "Huh? Whurrt?".

A brief pause entails.

Interviewer - We don't have a twinning programme with Trinity College. Our twinning programme is with the National University of Ireland and the Royal College of Surgeons.

At this point, my mind was screaming, "WHAT? I've never even heard of it!! Wait...have I?". I then immediately entered into Cover Bengang mode.

Me - Yes....but...truthfully speaking, I think going to PMC would be a far more viable option for me because it would be less of a financial burden to my family.

Interviewer - Have you applied to Trinity College Dublin?

Me - Yes, I applied via the IUMC, and I'm having an interview session with them on the 17th.

Ahh...what the heck...you asked, I answered.

Interviewer - (after flipping through my certs) With your results, I think you should have no problem entering Trinity College Dublin.

Yeah, right.

Interviewer - But we'll keep a place in PMC for you.

I can't tell if this is good or bad. Does he mean "we'll keep a place for you" as in "Hey, you got a place in PMC" or "I'm going to deny you a place now but if you fail your Trinity College interview, feel free to come back and apply for PMC again"? I got pretty worried at this point.

Me - (forcing a laugh) Thank you, sir.

He then proceeds to scribble something on the paper attached to my application form. I could only see the letters "H" and "O", but maybe that was a code for 'discard this application immediately'.

Interviewer - Do you know, that the course of living in Ireland is also pretty high?

Me - Yeah, but it should be lower than that of other places such as the UK, right?

Interviewer - The price of property in Ireland nowadays...very high. It's because of the booming economy in Ireland.

Me - Uhh...okay.

And we went on in this vein for a while. When the interview ended, I didn't get to show off about my knowledge of stem cells again. Dang.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home