Saturday, February 18, 2006

Chap Goh Mei Dinner!

I know this post is rather late, but better late than never, as the popular phrase goes. I won't be blogging much because the Intensive Clinical Experience is taking up most of my time for this three weeks - although I'll do my best to upload an entry whenever possible. Anyway, this entry is all pictures and a lot less words than my typical entry - I don't really have enough energy to type right now. Enjoy the pictures!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Us at Halifax Hall's reception just before going to Noodle King (a fusion-style noodle restaurant as per what its name suggests) on Ecclesall Road for our Chap Goh Mei dinner. We thought we had booked the entire restaurant since our party was 14-strong, but it turned out that we weren't quite spot-on - we only took half the restaurant!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Something Rex ordered - I have absolutely no idea what it is. Looks like a bird's nest on a bed of gravy (with the resident bird chopped up and stir-fried).

Image hosting by Photobucket
Fried noodles, ordered by Su Ann. They look quite delicious, but I'm not really a fan of "dry" noodles - I prefer mine in soup!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Hsin Yu's dish was chicken in noodle soup. It looks really delicious, I might try that the next time we go there! However, the food's there a tad bit pricey so we might not go there for quite some time - 5 pounds for a bowl of noodles seem like an exorbitant price to me!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Good ol' laksa! This might sound like a stupid question, but is there supposed to be char siew (roasted pork) in laksa? Yi Yong said that the laksa served there was quite good, but apparently it tasted more like the curry noodles we get back home than laksa. I tried it, and it did taste like laksa, albeit in a vague sort of way, but definitely not as good as what Waterworks dishes out back in JB!

Image hosting by Photobucket
What I ordered - duck with noodle soup! The serving was rather large and it was quite delicious - they gave rather generous portions of duck together with the noodles (I wasn't expecting anything less for the price I was paying). Of course, this dish can't compare with the other noodle soups I get back home, but when you're deprived of Chinese food in a foreign country, anything remotely resembling Chinese cuisine tastes good!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Yi Yong and I ordered a side-dish as well. I'm not too sure about what it was called, but I definitely know what it was. It's fried tofu, served with chopped carrots and lettuce and bucketloads of sweet chilli sauce. It was quite delicious!

Image hosting by Photobucket
A group picture before we tucked into our food! After dinner, we proceeded to Yi Yong's room where we played drinking games (using red and white wine) until just after midnight. hahaha! What a way to see off the Chinese New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home