Sunday, November 27, 2005

The Seven Thingamajigs

This probably has all the makings of an epic tale - just when I thought that I had lost all my blogging impetus, a deus ex machina worthy of the machinations of Tinseltown came to my salvation. This tale began like any other B grade movie flick. I was sitting on my chair, facing my laptop, wondering what on Earth can I blog about today? when someone pounded on my door. The latch was lifted by trembling hands, the door gently eased aside, my heart racing at the thought of what nefarious creatures with plans for my demise lurked outside my door. Oh. It's just Wei Jin. Time for dinner. I promptly went back to my laptop to put it on "standby" mode as I always do when I go down for mealtimes. Before the screen shutdown, I caught a glimpse of a webpage that I was surfing - Yih Seong's blog. Aha! Now I know what to blog about!

I got tagged by Yih Seong a week or so ago - then Chye Hing tagged me as well. At that time, I was absolutely oblivious to whatever the term "tagged" meant. My only understanding of it at that time was that it had something to do with barcodes and price tags. However, after visiting a couple of blogs, it became apparent that if you were "tagged" by a fellow blogger then it became your task to write about the stuff that the person who tagged you wrote. It seems as though "tagging" is a way to coerce someone into writing what someone else wants him to - whatever happened to the freedom and autonomy of individuals? This, my dear readers, is electronic subjugation at it's worst. Well, I'm just kidding. I'm not exactly complaining, for it's entirely one's own decision whether to respond to the "tag" and it kind of makes for interesting reading! Hahaha! Anyway, it seems fun, so here goes:

7 Things You Plan To Do Before You Die
1. Make my parents proud of the fact that I'm their son.
2. Become a successful doctor.
3. Find "the one".
4. Get married, have kids and grandchildren, live to old age.
5. Live a happy and contented life.
6. Discover what it means to "have lived" - and live.
7. Unconditionally help as many people as possible.

7 Things I Could Do
1. Study more.
2. Become a more sociable person.
3. Learn to control my temper.
4. Play the piano more often.
5. Brush up my skills in tennis, squash and badminton.
6. Reach at least 4th Dan in taekwondo.
7. Mix with my relatives more often.

7 Celebrity Crushes
1. Myself (haha!)
2. Myself
3. Myself
4. Myself
5. Myself
6. Myself
7. You get the idea...

7 Often Repeated Words
1. Hmmm....
2. Really?
3. Yo!
4. Damn
5. Uhhh
6. *yawn*
7. Huh?

7 Traits I Look For In The Opposite Sex
1. A sense of humour.
2. Intelligence.
3. Patience.
4. Loyalty.
5. Witty.
6. Fun.
7. Pleasant looks (c'mon, admit this, guys).

My 7 Tags Go To
1. Lip Beng a.k.a. Fish
2. Irwin
3. Lisa
4. Eric
5. Tze Chow
6. Jeremy
7. Anyone else who wants this...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home