Friday, February 24, 2006

Hiromi And Uta's Joint Birthday Party!

Went to Hiromi and Uta's joint birthday party last Friday, which was held at Ran's place at the Endcliffe Vale Flats. The party was another party-cum-potluck dinner affair, but since I can probably cook with as much success as a pig which is trying to fly, I decided on contributing drinks instead (which, of course, cannot go wrong and hence eliminates the possibility of consigning everyone's fate to a night of hugging the toilet bowls). As usual, the food was excellent - Ran cooked some miso-soup thingy, Sunny made pajeon (a seafood omelette) and gimbap (a Korean version of sushi), Kana made mochi (Japanese rice cakes), Hiromi whipped up some Japanese curry and the others contributed cakes, chocolates and drinks. Everyone just spent the night eating, talking and eating some more - a much more subdued affair than our previous parties!

I'll just post some pictures taken that night instead of blogging incessantly about everything that happened during the party - I'm still feeling a bit too lazy to type.

Image hosting by Photobucket
The two birthday girls! From left - Hiromi and Uta. Their birthday cakes were chocolate ice-cream cakes. I personally don't care too much for cakes, but mention chocolate and ice-cream before the word cake, I'd happily devour the entire cake!

Image hosting by Photobucket
From left - Uta, Sunny, Tina and Hiromi.

Image hosting by Photobucket
When Hiromi suddenly wanted to take a photo of me and Wei Jin, I was like "Uh, no... I think I'll pa-" and before I knew it, the picture was taken. I'm impressed. I've never seen a photo that shows me as THE Blur Sotong before - I guess this is a first! Hahaha! Check out the bottom left of the picture - Kana is in her famous "Kana pose"! Now that's kawaii, Yi Yong!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Clockwise, from left - Sunny, Yuki, Ran and Hiromi. The pose adopted by Yuki kinda reminds me of the time when I was in choral speaking during secondary school. There was one part where we were supposed to be scared/petrified/pants-wetted-cowering-in-fear by the supposedly "evil monsters" (who were in the aforementioned pose) or something like that. Ah, those were the days...

Image hosting by Photobucket
Uta and Sunny posing for the camera. Oh, and half of Tina as well. Hahaha!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Hiromi and some of her friends.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Ah, so that explains the purple smoke hanging over the kitchen! Hahaha! Ran and Sunny are "smoking" biscuits shaped into a roll - but it seems that they're really enjoying it! I wonder what was used to make those biscuits...

Image hosting by Photobucket
Finally, a group photo of everyone who was at Hiromi and Uta's joint birthday party (bar Kana, since she was the one who took this photograph).

P.S. - Why the hell am I attached to the Doncaster Royal Infirmary?! It's half an hour by train from Sheffield, and I'm supposed to go there for my ICE attachments every day for four days next week? Dammit!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home