Thursday, August 24, 2006

Pictures...Finally!

As promised, here are the pictures! Enjoy!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Totally unrelated to my previous post, but since they are pictures of my TKD activities during this summer, I'll just post them up anyway! I was asked by my instructor, Mr Peter Cheong, to go and "assist" in a martial arts demonstration in the Nurses' College near the General Hospital. Here's everyone who took part in the demonstration at the Dataran, warming up before going on stage! Somehow just stepping on the Dataran itself brings back fond memories of SJAM training with Patrick, Irwin, Jeremy and Leong - I wish I could remain in those days forever! Hahaha!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Team photo after the demonstration just outside the nurses' dormitory. The demonstration went alright - no major mistakes were made, the pattern and self-defense routines that I took part in proceeded without any glitches and most importantly...no one was injured! But I suppose even if someone was injured, it wouldn't be much of a problem anyway. We were watched by, what, a hundred soon-to-be nurses and at least 5 qualified nurses!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Now on to the photos taken during the belt-promotion exam! Here's a photo of everybody who took part in the grading just before the events commenced. Presumably, before everyone became mightily sweaty, bruised or bloody (or in some cases, an unfortunate combination of all three).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Two senior belts doing the "peace" sign seems to be rather out of place in an event as serious as a belt-promotion exam - but I guess we were mighty relieved to survive the grading and come out of it with most of our body parts still attached! From left - Wai Hong and myself.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Myself with three of my fellow candidates plus two guys who made the 2-hour drive down to JB from Batu Pahat to help with the grading! Many thanks for their help!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
If someone could win an award for "Having The Most Beautifully Executed Side Kick", it would be Wai Hong! His side kick is, to simply put it, excellent. It's fast, powerful and looks exactly like the ones shown in textbooks or training videos! I wish I could do that...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Me and Master Tan - the guy who smacked me and Wai Hong in our heads when we were too lenient in removing the weapons from our attackers...hahaha! That's a lesson I won't forget anytime soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home