Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The End Of College Life...

As I'm too lazy to write in-depth about what happened during my last few days of life in Subang, I think I'll do a photolog instead. After all, aren't pictures worth a thousand words? Or maybe it's just me not able to drag myself to type after such a long sojourn from typing entries for this blog. Haha.. But don't worry, normal posts are definitely forthcoming, although they might need some time to materialise. I need to refresh my memory on the alien topics of Typing Blog Entries and Not Making Readers Sleep in order to maintain the quality of the entries on this blog. I think I probably sound like a perfectionist by saying that. But I'm not. Really. Ah, what the heck, I'm babbling. Get out of my head, Transition Elements equations!! ARGH! Interference from the residual knowledge of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics (a little) and Physics are disrupting my cognitive processes. Double ARGH!! I'm babbling again! Anyway, back to the topic - what was it? Ah, yes. Photolog of the end of college life. Here goes:

Pre Chemistry Paper 6

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A few days before Chemistry Paper 6, as I was walking home, I noticed something interesting. A monkey (one of the two monkeys that reside outside My Place Apartments) was grooming a kitten! At least, that was what I thought it was doing anyway. Patrick thought that the monkey was preparing the kitten for dinner. I'll leave it to you to choose the version of events that you prefer - but we never saw the kitten again after that. A happy ending, or a sad one? Hmm...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
While walking outside college one day, we received a few free Bibles courtesy of a few guys who were trying to convert people to Christianity. These books were the subject of much interest in the apartment for all of about five minutes before they lay forgotten on the dining table. After that, Chye Hing was trying to light a lighter with them whereas I tried using them to build Trump Tower II. Hahaha...very appreciative of us, eh? Anyway, to show that the books weren't exactly wasted, here's a picture of me and Patrick reading the Bibles. Note - posed photograph.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Our humble abode for the past eighteen months. This photograph was taken when our apartment was relatively neat. Clean...let's just say that clean is a condition unattainable in this apartment. It's been just two days but I already almost miss this apartment. Almost. At least now I can lie down on the floor and sleep without worrying about waking up coated with a layer of dust.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My Place Apartments most productive cat. Ever pregnant (except when this picture was taken), this cat, nicknamed 'Garfield' due to her rather large girth, has endeared herself to some of us by following some of us up the stairs whenever we're on our way home. However, she also drew wrath from us whenever she left 'offerings' outside our apartment. An extremely friendly cat, but one word of advice - do not stroke her. If you have to stroke her, use your feet instead. Her favourite hangout place is at the dumpster area . I assume you get the point.

Post Chemistry Paper 6 (a.k.a. END OF A2 EXAMS!)

8/6/2005 (Class Outing)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
After Chemistry Paper 6, everyone met at our apartment to rendesvous before going off on our class after-exams celebratory outing consisting of a movie and dinner. Our apartment has been the assembly point for many class outings as it's conveniently close to college.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Me and Tze Chow posing for the camera.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
From left - Tze Chow, Chye Hing, myself and Patrick. This photograph was taken at the main atrium of One Utama's new wing. We were supposed to pose for a picture ala 'boyband' or something like that, but the message didn't really get through - the picture is proof enough...hahaha...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
We watched "The Interpreter" before dinner, and the movie was pretty good for one that had so much talking and so little action. I'm not really a great fan of 'intellectual' movies, the types that focus on plot and dialouge - but this movie made a convert out of me. I think I'll be watching more of this kind of movies from now on. Here we are just outside the cinema. Anne's slippers broke, and while Patrick and Wen Ying dashed off to buy a replacement, we waited for them. After a while, Tze Chow led Paul, Chye Hing and myself to buy some "pau"s to eat. And they were really good - so good that I forgot to take a picture of the"pau" that I bought.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Bored to death while waiting for Patrick and Wen Ying, Shan kills time by killing Ashok. Not long after this picture was taken, Patrick and Wen Ying returns with a pair of slippers for Anne. Hurray! Off to dinner we go!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Dinner was at Chilli's, a Tex-Mex restaurant that Anne recommended. And as usual, Anne's recommendations were spot-on. The food was good, and the drinks were free-flow. The only bad thing about Chilli's? The drink-refilling service is a little on the slow side. All in all, a great restaurant to have a class dinner. We just sat there talking and drinking even though we had already finished eating ages ago...hahaha... I've never had this much fun this entire year. And yes, that somehow includes DotA, although I'm loath to admit it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Jeremy doing his best babi impersonation. I'd never thought that I'd actually hear Jeremy say that he was stuffed, but somehow, by a travesty of the laws of the Universe, I did! The portions must be incredibly large to make Jeremy say that he's stuffed. And believe me, they were. But I finished mine anyway since the food was delicious!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Me and Ashok posing for the camera. Everyone says that Ashok doesn't look like Ashok, so to speak. I agree, he does look very different from how he actually looks. Hahaha...but not in a bad way, just different. Note the lady rolling her eyes at us in the background.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Wen Ying and Anne enjoying the food. It took several tries to get the picture right, and by that time, the fries they were holding we severely shortened by the time I took the picture! Even then the picture is a little blurry - I'm not a very good photographer! Haha..

12/6/2005 (Class Party)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Today's the day of the class barbeque. And coincidentally, today is also the day my parents come up to collect my personal belongings from the apartment. To me, this is the point that I finally begin to realise that my life in Subang is coming to an end. College life is over, for better or for worse - but I'll miss each and every day that I spent in Subang anyway. I know that I'll probably never spend hours talking about everything and yet nothing with my friends at the table, nor go for late night mamak sessions at Rafi or Melur, nor even go for late-night cybercafe sessions anymore. But the things that will leave the deepest impressions are the friends that I'll probably never see again when I leave Subang. I should learn to live in the present and cherish every moment with my friends - before it's too late and I'm plagued with regrets and what ifs for the rest of my life.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Tongue-in-cheek statement - Two Very Good Looking People II. Hahaha... Anne and myself, just before the class barbeque at Tze Chow's house.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The barbeque started nearly an hour late as Tze Chow was unavoidably delayed by someone. As a result, Shan, Ashok, Chye Hing, Anne and myself were stuck in Shan's car for nearly 45 minutes before Tze Chow finally arrived at this house, having lost his way along the way to his house. From left - Afree, Denise, Ian Zing and Wen Ying.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I wanted to take another picture of Jeremy eating, but when I pressed the button, Tze Chow walked by, munching on cherry tomatoes stuck on a satay stick. I ended up with a far more interesting photo than I intended. Haha..

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Two lecturers came to the class barbeque as well. Ms Chan (our Chemistry lecturer), Ms Ho (our Biology lecturer) and Ms Ho's brother (no relation whatsoever to PM1) came to the class barbeque a while after it started.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Jeremy, shrouded with smoke from the barbeque pit. Tze Chow's family prepared enough food to feed a battalion - it was that much. We couldn't even finish eating everything despite everyone saying how hungry they were prior to the barbeque. Anne's potato salad and her garlic bread, Wen Ying's jelly and the unique kebab style of the barbeque deserve special mention and praise. Very delicious! Hahaha...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Attack Of The Tongs - the Wong family jewels are threatened by a rabid pair of tongs. Yih Seong seems oblivious to the impending danger to his family's bloodline...maybe it's the squid kebab sizzling on the barbeque set.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Me and Wen Ying - I think that this is the only photo I've taken with her (with exception to class photos). Hahaha.. Ah, well. There's a first for everything, right?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
From left - Yih Seong, Paul, Patrick, Anne and Wen Ying. Giving their best pose for the camera! Paul seems rather bemused by the "hip-hopper-wannabe" poses adopted by Yih Seong and Patrick. I also noticed that Anne's slouching, as if she's trying to hide the fact that she's tall, as tall as Patrick.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Re-enactment of three ah bengs making the "kissing" sound preferred by ah bengs as their primary courtship call, in their preferred state of repose - squatting. Hahaha... Even though I don't really like to discriminate, this scene is undeniably funny. However, Patrick and Yih Seong chided me for spoiling the picture by "being too polite". How was I supposed to know?! Haha..

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The next Shah Rukh Khans.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
After we were done eating, everyone sort of cloistered around the tables and began talking. Seen here in this picture is Ms Chan, Ms Ho, Tze Chow, Ashok and Shan.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ms Chan and me. She was the lecturer who stayed at the party for the longest. Everyone tried to find out more about her personal life - and she evaded the questions pretty easily. Patrick, our chief interrogator has failed to get the scoop for the first time in his illustrious career! She also said that our class was her worst class - I hope she didn't mean that...hahaha..

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Paul looks pretty bored in this picture. I wonder why?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Unarguably the funniest picture I have of Anne! I think I'm going to develop this and whenever I feel down, I'll just look at this and I think I'll definitely burst out laughing! Hahaha.. Anne seems to be chomping down on a squid kebab prepared by our kebab-master Yih Seong. Anyway, the kebabs made by Yih Seong were delicious!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The interrogated and the interrogator.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
What?! No more jelly? The jelly made by Wen Ying disappeared approximately a minute after it was set on the table. The jellies were rather unique, with yellow-green colouration and they were delicious! I think I'll learn how to make jellies during the holiday so that I can have them anytime I want! Muhahaha..

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
There's a reason why Chye Hing is called the Master of Sleep. You're looking at it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The way Shan is holding that golf club, it seems that he's more likely to tee off using someone's head instead of a golf ball.

That's all for this photolog, I guess. As mentioned earlier, a proper written entry shall be up in a couple of days' time. That's all for this entry, I'll see you around! Ciao!

P.S. - The date on my camera is a day slow as I forgot to set it after receiving it from my dad, who brought it up with him to Kuala Lumpur. Hence, the date on the pictures aren't accurate.

1 Comments:

At 8:01 AM , Blogger yong chen said...

Hahaha... Hey, Anne, I think you still look hot in that picture! And I think the rest of my friends will most probably think that you're hot too! Or could it be the squid kebab you're eating? Hmm... Hahaha..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home