Saturday, June 25, 2005

My Preciousssss....

Forgive me for sounding like Gollum. Yes, I know. It sounds so corny. But the above title is an apt reflection of the words that are probably running around in my mind right now. Why, you ask? It's because, as of the 18th of June 2005 Anto Domini, yours truly is finally the proud owner of an iPod mini! Wahahaha... Again, forgive me for being over-excited. I just can't help it since I've been wanting one since...um...since Wen Ying showed her "Lene" to us. But, that time being the dark and gloomy days prior to our A2 final exams, I decided to keep my desire buried in my heart for a while. Anyway, an attempt at asking my parents to sponsor my ownership of an iPod mini before the A2 exams would probably reward me with them berating me to keep focused on the exams and my revision. And so I waited. And waited. And waited. And when the A2 exams were finally over, I finally broached the topic with my parents. Surprisingly, my parents agreed rather readily - that is, they just asked why do you need it? and how much does it cost?. Usually they would bombard me with a plethora of questions ranging from quantum physics regarding the desired item to ethical issues regarding the ownership of the item, by which I would usually just give up and wonder why on Earth did I even bother asking them in the first place. Perhaps it's a parent's trick to evade tricky questions from their pesky offsprings. I wouldn't know, but I digress. It doesn't really matter anyway - I'll find out when I'm meant to find out.

Anyway, my iPod mini is silver in colour (they didn't come in polka dots...damn!) and is named "Yong Chen". Now, before you split your sides guffawing the fact that I named my iPod mini after yours truly (or thinking that I must be lacking something in the mental capabilities department for needing something to remind me of my own name), let me explain to you why that happened. When you first register your iPod, you'll have to give it a name. And although there are various names associated to me like killa kat, slimy shitt, woohoohoo, uno catalysto, etc etc etc, I decided that those...nicknames perhaps?...are more of my gaming personas, as I only use them when I play LAN games with my friends and that naming my iPod mini after them would somehow extend my game persona into my real life. I pride myself on the fact that I separate the me when I play games from the real me. In the games I play, I have a bloodlust, a thirst to win at any cost, a burning hatred of losing and absolutely zero humility. Yup, you might say I'm something of an asshole when it comes to playing games. And that's exactly the reason why I want to have to separate "me"s - although I know there are people who would say that I'm something like that in real life too. I probably am, although I'm not too proud of it. Anyway, what better way to establish your ownership of an item by having your own name stamped on it? I may be discrimintating, but I think this is a testosterone-related behaviour...hahahaha... A Guy Thing.

You know, I've always found it funny whenever I've seen people shower so much tender loving care on an inanimate object. I've never understood the reason as to why those very people treat an object better than they do another human being. But now, I think I've finally begun to understand them. How can you not love a small, sleek and oh-so-pretty device that lets you carry your entire music collection wherever you go? But no "Oooh my baby iPod mini you'll get scratched" kind of displays of affection from me though. There's a limit on how idiotic one can act. And that was it. I'll just reserve my affection in the way of silent appreciation and gentler handling of it - my other personal belongings suffer a rough and tempestous life as I'm not the most gentle or careful person when it comes to handling my possessions, although I try my best. Naming the iPod mini after myself may not have been the best thing to do either, as I discovered approximately six hours after its purchase, for it seems to be as temperemental as its owner. The iPod mini kept displaying the "Do Not Disconnect" sign even though I had done transferring all the songs over to it, but after a brief assertation of Who's Boss, the matter was peacefully resolved (it wasn't ripped apart in anger).

The verdict? Get it if you have a large collection of songs in your computer and you travel often or do not have your computer with you where you stay. The sound quality's excellent and transferring files is as easy as pie. My only gripe with it is that you can't transfer entire folders from your computer over to your iPod mini and organize your songs as such. However, there might be a way to do exactly that, but unfortunately for me, I have not discovered it yet. I've said it before and I'll say it again - it's definitely worth every single penny you paid for it!

My preciousssss.... We mussssn't hurt Precioussss...mussst we? Yessss...

Next - Chow and Paul's trip down to JB! (I've been too lazy to upload the pictures..will get them done ASAP!)

1 Comments:

At 9:11 PM , Blogger senaiboy said...

'..I've always found it funny whenever I've seen people shower..'

hahaha..ok sorry i couldn't help it when i see this phrase =P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home